SuAVE for Environmental Science and the Geosciences
Here are SuAVE application examples in the Geosciences, including collections of rock, macrofossil and coral images, wetland soils, images of sampling sites, and observation systems catalogs. A range of questions can be addressed by exploring these collections, such as factors of coral reef dynamics, spatial patterns in samples of different types, etc. Several of these collections are developed in partnership with the US Geological Survey, British Geological Survey, NOAA, and other organizations
Additional Geoscience Surveys and Collections
- MagIC Contribution Summaries
- MagIC Photographs of sample sites
- Arctic Great River Observatory data
R2R (Rolling Deck to Repository): a catalog of Research Cruises.
with ship photos
Explore the track lines on a map .
- Archived Rock Samples From Jane Selverstone's Research Collection, UNM.
- Tools for Microscopic Identification at the National Lacustrine Core Facility, LacCore, Univ of Minnesota Click ImageSieve in the menu to see SuAVE (an earlier version)
- Publishing and Intuitive Visual Analysis of Rock Samples in Large Geologic Repositories, AGU Abstract .